Thread: Recover deleted files on Ubuntu

Recover deleted files on Ubuntu

Hello People!

I have tried various methods and still no progress.

I had some very important files stored on ubuntu linux and the network with shared machines with Windows XP OS, these files are used to implement the NAF of ORACLE (various executables are customized to our requirements)

The question is that the folders located in "/home/user/srv/server/files naf" is no longer present and I need them back.

Friends please recommend, what can i do???

In advance thank you all the help they give me all your comments welcome, and I read enough on forums of linux and no use has helped me to my issue.

Thanks .-

Re: Recover deleted files on Ubuntu

You can recover incredible amount of information with Scalpel like utilities. Scalpel is a fast file carver that reads a database of header and footer definitions and extracts files from the of a set of image files or raw device files. Scalpel is filesystem independent and carve files from FATx files, NTFS, Ext2 / 3, or raw partitions. It is useful for both digital forensics and file recovery. You can install it by running following command in your terminal.

apt-get install scalpel

Run the following command in terminal to recover your data.

scalpel /dev/sda1 -o output

If you're lucky, it is possible , the recovery can be done using foremost , Foremost is a command line utility for finding and recovering deleted files based on their type. Download it from this link : Download foremost

Hope this will help, good luck.

There are many applications with which you can recover different types of data on Linux operating systems, some are as follows:

TestDisk

TestDisk is a free tool for data recovery. It is best in recover lost data storage partitions caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error (such as accidentally deleting a partition table ).

PhotoRec

PhotoRec is also fee and best to recover files such as videos, documents and archives from hard disks, CD-ROMs, and lost pictures from digital camera memory etc.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

I have used more tool name as R-Linux , its freeware and evry effective weapon for file recovery, it can recover files from Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS file systems. I used it on Red Hat , i don't know how it will work on ubuntu , but you should give it a try.