Can not record an audio on mac OS.
Hello everybody, I have bought a brand new computer. I was using the windows 98 operating system early but now i have upgraded it by apple's mac OS. I have done this specially to record the system sounds. I have successfully installed this Operating System but now i do not know how to record voice on this OS. May i have some ideas to do the same ?
Audacity is free, open source software for recording and editing sounds. It is available for Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. Audacity is a free, easy-to-use and multilingual audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can click on Audacity to download it.
Features of Audacity.
Here are the list of basic features that you can do by using the audacity. Though main feature to use audacity is recording a sound.
1. Record live audio.
2. Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
3. Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
4. Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
5. Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
There many more features provided by the Audacity which you may use.
Steps to record an audio on mac OS.
Follow these steps in order to record an audio while using Mac OS X.
1. Go to the Apple menu and select Simple Sound.
2. Open the File menu and click on New. Now you will be having a window set up like the controls on a tape recorder.
3. Press the Record button and start your sound.
4. Press the Stop button when you are finished with your recording.
5. Now you may press Play to check what you recorded.
6. Click on the Save button to save the recorded media.
Select Sound source on mac OS.
To record an audio sound on the mac OS, you have to select the accurate source for the sound. Selecting the wrong source will lead to the wrong recording.
1. Go to the Apple menu and open Control Panels.
2. Open Monitors & Sound.
3. Click on the Sound icon.
4. Select any one of the input sources under Sound Monitoring Source.
5. Now you may choose sound quality, If you do not have any choices then it is not an issue, OS will use default one.
Audio Podcast on mac OS.
You can create your own podcast on Apple's Mac OS X. For doing this your system must have QuickTime 7 Pro. Now follow these steps to create your own podcast.
1. Open QuickTime 7 Pro on Mac OS X.
2. Select for "New Audio Recording" from the File menu. Make sure that an audio Input device has been connected properly.
3. You can start recording with your audio input device by clicking on the red Capture button.
4. After you have done with your recording, click on the black Stop button to stop recording.
5. Open File Menu and Select "Export".
6. Choose "Movie to MPEG-4" in the Export drop down box.
7. Give an extension to your file as per your choice.
Re: Can not record an audio on mac OS.
Macvide ScreenCap allows you to capture and record anything you can see on your screen to image, video or flash. You can record audio from your desktop or from a microphone or other input device. With ScreenCap you can visual tutorials based on your own desktop content and movements. You can also use ScreenCap as a monitoring device.
|Tags: apple, audio, audio recording, mac, recording|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Can not record an audio on mac OS."|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Fraps does not record any audio||B.Prajapati||Windows Software||4||03-02-2011 12:58 AM|
|Record Audio while it is playing from CD or DVD||pokemon5||Windows Software||4||28-12-2010 06:26 AM|
|Cannot Record Audio in Audacity||Patrickboy||Windows Software||6||21-06-2010 11:09 PM|
|How to record audio on macbook pro?||Kasper||Windows Software||5||16-06-2010 06:52 PM|
|How to record audio through computer and not mic||Tobius||Windows Software||4||04-03-2009 01:20 AM|