Thread: Disable KMS

Disable KMS

Hi everybody, and I think it is big deal to disable to KMS server activation, It may want to update the server by itself , and you can resist MS from doing that. If you are thinking that am I right? KMS server is the only one type to start Windows Vista without deleting the integrity of the operating it self.

Re: Disable KMS

Disable Automatic Activation

An administrator can disable activation attempts on any client computer by setting the following registry key.

Warning: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall the operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.

To disable automatic activation

1. Log on to a KMS client.

2. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.

3. At the command prompt, type Regedit.exe and then press Enter.

4. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SL\Activation.

5. In the tree pane, click Activation, and then right-click the Manual value.

6. In the Value data box, type 1 and then click OK.

7. Exit the registry editor.

Hi, I am using windows vista on VMWare and I recently activate the KMS . It performs superb and without error, then , Through Microsoft Web site I tried to pass on KMS. But now it crashes and again it allows me to serious updates. Is WGA may a compulsory thing in this case. You can also say that, If I were not try to pass it on, will MS allows me to do it any way?

Hi, I think you knows very well that KMS client without a KMS server. I used the KMS server accidentally, there is not intention of my to install KMS sever. BUT I will delete the installed KMS server and then keep it as a client. Also I know that with the help of mak key will work. But it is like a foolish to me to that you cannot able delete or uninstall the KMS server and forcing to use a key in this of time.

Before entering KMS mode you have to disable all the possibleoutputs/crtcs
    Select a crtc for LVDS will be select by the BIOS, which is different. Few time we'll assign the pipe setting in LVDS with the help of BIOS to another output device. It is not safe to set thte crts/putput. You have to check the xserver source code & search it, and try to disable all the possible outputs/crtcs at the time we configuring specific mode for each crtc at the first time.