Thread: Best Firewall for Windows Vista

Best Firewall for Windows Vista

Hello there, I have recently upgraded my system from Windows XP to Windows Vista. As I am new to this operating system, I do not have much knowledge about it. I need to know what is the best Firewall for Windows Vista. I tried to look for the default Windows Firewall, but I couldn't find it as the settings of Vista are different from XP. I need some suitable recommendations on these as my system is currently without protection on the internet.

Re: Best Firewall for Windows Vista

Here are the top 5 best Firewall for Windows Vista which is checked to be to totally compatible with Windows Vista operating system:
    1. ZoneAlarm PRO Firewall 2010
    2. F-Secure Internet Security 2010
    3. Prisma Firewall 2009
    4. NeT Firewall 2009
    5. ESET Smart Security 4 - Firewall

I advice you to use the default Windows Firewall as it is the best Firewall for Windows Vista. It is very easy to setup, here is how you go about it:
    • Go to Start.
    • Then, click on Control Panel.
    • There, go to Security.
    • Now, select Turn Windows Firewall on or off.
    • Here, select ON.
    • Finally, click on OK.

The Windows Firewall is successfully on now and your system is protected too. you need not look for some other firewall.

According to me CYBER DEFENDER is the best Firewall for Windows Vista and I can assure you this, since I use the same on my system. It is able to block all the infections that try to enter into my system. I advice you to use some third party firewall than the default Windows Firewall because it is not reliable. In my case, I do not trust on any other software than CYBER DEFENDER that always protects my system.

I protect my system with "Comodo Firewall PRO" and it is 100% compatible in Windows Vista. I suppose that it is the best Firewall for Windows Vista and it is used by many people all around the world. I suggest you to download the firewall quickly and install it as keeping the system unprotected on the network poses a lot of threat as the infections are free to enter into the system.

NOD32 is the recommended and the best Firewall for Windows Vista. This is so because it does not use much of the system resources. Other firewalls use up too much of the system resources, thus causing a very less speed of the system. The processor is given too much load by the firewall and thus, the other processes become slow. But, NOD32 is notally different and it has no such load problems in the system.