Thread: Windows Vista runs slow in my system

Windows Vista runs slow in my system

I am having the HP Istart 2369 3.06 Ghz 2GB. My Vista is running very slow for instance control>System takes around 40 seconds for display, Also i did a clean install of Vista. Ran the Pc Doctor, McAfee, and various other Antiviruses too but they can't help me please help me in this matter. Any help would be appreciated.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows Vista runs slow in my system

Please check for the anti-virus software that is not compatible with Windows Vista. Initially I ran the evaluation copy of Vista for 8 months with Avast Anti-Virus which ran smoothly for first two months and gradually slow down. Finally i purchased the final release of Vista I tried AVG's free edition Anti-Virus and now it is running super fast compared to Avast. You can download it freely from the download.com

Well if you monitor the tasks running in the background of your system it will help you to solve this problem. If you find any program that is running but is of no use then you should end the program. This will definitely going too help you. Also If your memory is all used, figure out what is causing it, if your CPU is at 100% when this happens, figure out what program(s) are using all of your CPU. The other possible reason could be spyware and it could be anything else. When i was using the norton it took all my CPU memory for unknown reason. Then i discovered that it was the main reason behind all sorts of lag issues. Then i reinstalled it and it is running smoothly after the installation.

If possible try to increase your RAM memory. Also i think that you are facing this problem because your don't have the license copy of the windows operating system. Try to get a license copy of the operating system and then see the system performance. If you still face the problem then you must visit the Microsoft's official site.

There may be a lot of reasons behind the slowness of your system. Probably it might be because of the increase in the number of the junk files and duplicate files in the registry of your system. You can solve this issue by downloading and installing the optimization softwares. You can deal this problem with the help of different utilities like the tune up utilities from its official website which are available freely. Else you can just search for it on google or Yahoo.

Sometimes When you install a number of anti-virus softwares these anti viruses interact with each other and in some cases try to delete each other. This interaction will be using a lot of RAM memory. So if You Uninstall all the antiviruses and then you can get your problem solved. Then install only a single Antivirus and them look after the system performance. I hope it will prove helpful for you.