Thread: Desktop Icons are showing shadow, how to get rid of it?

Desktop Icons are showing shadow, how to get rid of it?

Hey there, I am having a small issue regarding the Desktop Icon. Which i don't know how to resolve. Actually on the background of the each desktop icon it is showing the shadows which is not looking good. It appear like that icon are floating. So tell me what to do. Is it the problem of the monitor or something else happens to my desktop. I am using Vista Inspirat with my PC. Help me with proper solution a solution may be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Craigg; 29-12-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Re: Desktop Icons are showing shadow, how to get rid of it?

I am having the same problem but i could not find any solution for the same. I was also using the Vista Inspirat for my system. I have tried lots of method to help myself to get rid of it nothing works. I have used the drop shadow but it is also not useful for me so finally i have removed the Vista Inspirat hoping that this will help me regarding the same and you know what happen now my desktop is running properly without any shadow on it. So you also do the same. Thank you

Did you checked the dropping of the shadow from the performance menu it is really helpful for the same. If you have not yet tried the same then follow the steps given below to solve the same
    • Go to the My Computer
    • Right click on it
    • Select the properties
    • Go to the System properties, a window will open
    • Select the Advance Button and then to the visual effect
    • Now click on the custom icon
    • And uncheck the drop shadow for icon labels on desktop.
    • Click on the OK and finish.

Now you will not find any shadow on the background

Hi there, I am not sure that i can help you but there are some link which will be helpful to sort out your issue regarding the removal of the shadows from the desktop icon. I have search a lot for this and finally come up with these link. So go through the link see that it is working for you or not. If it work for you then let me know so that i can suggest this to others too. Hope that it will be helpful for you. Say thanks if you like the same. Bye
    Drop Shadows for desktop icons not working
    how to remove color from behind desktop icon text
    Text on desktop icons has background color - not transparent

Hey follow the step to solve the issue that you are facing with the desktop icon. Just go to the Start and then to the control panel. Here look for the System. On that click on the advance tab and go to the performance and then to the setting. Now search for the to use shadow on the desktop icon and disable click on the OK to save the setting and then to finish it. This will solve your issue regarding the same. Thank you

Hey, This could be happeing because of the video card. Do you have Video card installed in your system. If the answer is yes the look for the driver update and install the latest driver of the same. Some time the older driver may show less compatibility with the OS at that you need to update the driver. Also check for the virus on your system. And reinstall the graphic driver. Thats it!!!!!!!!!