Re: Port no longer recognized by vista
To disable the Selective Suspend feature, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, and then click Run.
Note If you are running Windows Vista, click Start, and then use the Start Search box.
2. Type regedit, and then click OK. Registry Editor opens.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. If the DisableSelectiveSuspend registry entry is present, double-click it. If it is not present, create the entry. To create the entry, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD.
- Type DisableSelectiveSuspend, and then press ENTER.
- On the Edit menu, click Modify.
5. In the Value data field, type 1 to disable the Selective Suspend feature, and then click OK.
More: USB port may stop working after you remove or insert a USB device
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)
"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"