Thread: Amarok 2.2.2 in Kubuntu 9.10

Amarok 2.2.2 in Kubuntu 9.10

Okay I have heard about the new release of Amarok 2.2.2 which is a beta version. I had one doubt, Well I am new to Kubuntu so this Amarok is a player right? And I have heard about its new release. So can some one help me with the installation part in Kubuntu.? Please give a detail step by step information.

Help for information with Amarok

Even I have heard about this Amarok 2.2.2 Beta release, It is a Music Player Application which plays music and video files. So can some one help me out with the detail information of this Amarok application. As in what changes they have made to the previous version. And is it worth using this new version.?

Details about Amarok 2.2.2

Yes, this is a Player Application which can be used to play music files and video files. The difference between 2.1 and 2.2 version is of only four weeks.There are some newly added patches. And the main news is that Custom Labels for Tracks. And you can add your own personal Labels to music as well. he Playlist Layout Editor is now part of the Playlist menu in the menu bar, while the playlist actions are at the bottom of the playlist panel. And there is tooltip for all the buttons. And many more things yet to be discovered.

Detail step by step installation

Okay here we are with the detail step by step information of Installation of Amarok 2.2.2. Now before I go off with the steps let me tell you guys this is a Beta version and it will keep on changing.
    So here are the Steps.
    First Add the Kubuntu Beta Repository to do so write the following command in terminal
    "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta"
    Then you need to update the Software list to do so follow the given command.
    "sudo apt-get update"
    And then last and final step which is to install Amarok 2.2.2 Beta 1 "Tattoo".
    "sudo apt-get install amarok"
    Once the installation is done then just restart your system and you are all set to use Amarok 2.2.2.