Thread: What is removeWAT tool and why it is used for?

What is removeWAT tool and why it is used for?

Hello, I am query to know about the one of the tools which are used for the Windows. I heard about the removeWAT form one of my friend that this tool is helpful for making the Windows to the Genuine product for your PC and download the latest update from the Microsoft but i am not satisfied with his specification. So I am here to know know about the same before use. Want full specification about the removeWAT so that i can use one for my system too. Any help may be appreciated. Thank you
    Last edited by Coreey; 28-12-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Re: What is removeWAT tool and why it is used for?

Hi there, removeWAT is a tool which will give you the solution regarding the Genuine advantage of the Windows. It removes the Windows Advantage Technology from the system and still you can receive the update of the Windows. So use it and see the working of the same because without the use of the same you cant realize the advantage of the it. It removes the Windows activation from the Control Panel so that you cant use the same. I hope this much info about the same is enough. Thank you

I will not suggest you to use that tool that is 'removeWAT' because i have used the same and i am not happy with it. It is like patching your windows every time and playing with the Microsoft which is not legal. I am looking for method to undo the change made by the removeWAT. It also stop when your upgrading the Windows from the Microsoft. So don't play with the Windows using such a tools. Say thanks if you like the same. Bye

I can tell you the working of the removeWAT which will guid you to understand the same. It work with the command that is known as icalcs with the help of the dll patches which eat the WGA continuously and never allow the windows prompt for the Windows Genuine Advantage. It also eats the WGA patches many SPP related files. It work on widows built in command for certain file so that Microsoft wont change it to the back again. I hope you it when you use it. Bye

Hey, This could be possible at the time when you are updating the OS with the help of this software then Microsoft detect that you are using pirated version and give you the bugs that will corrupt your OS. At that time you cant undo the changes you have made. You only have one option left that is to install a fresh copy of the OS once again. So if you still want to take risk then go with it. Thank you.

If you have already installed it and now you realized that you don't need that and want to remove the same then only one method can help with it. You have to make System restore option use so that you can make the changes by this tool to into the previous setting of the Windows. To make the system restore do the following.
    • Click on the Start
    • Go to all programs
    • Then to the Accessories
    • After that System Tools
    • And Click on the System Restore
    • Now make the changes back to the previous setting and it is done.