Thread: LG DVD writer can't read CDs in Windows 7

LG DVD writer can't read CDs in Windows 7

Hello friends, I am having the LG laptop and using the windows XP since last two years but now i have upgraded to windows 7, After the upgrade my Dvd writer is not working properly. Whenever i am inserting the any CD the dvd writer is unable to read it. Please suggest some solutions pertaining to this matter?

Re: LG DVD writer can't read CDs in Windows 7

I think that windows 7 is not causing the problem . You are facing this problem because your DVD writer is not working properly. Try to check the lens of your LG DVD writer and try to clean it using the cleaning tools. If the lens is not working then buying a new DVD writer would be a better option because changing the lens would cost you approximately equal to the cost of anew DVD writer.

Check for the DVD drive you can check it in two ways either by trying the same dvd writer with a system having windows XP if it works then you will come to know that the dvd writer is fine or else try another DVD writer with your system in which you have installed the Windows 7 operating system. So you will come to know what actually the problem is and then we can suggest a solution to your problem.

Hi everyone
    First of all i would like to thanks you all for giving me your valuable views regarding this matter. I tried all that you have mentioned and came to the result that the DVD writer is working fine. There is some kind of issue with the Windows 7. Any help in this matter would be appreciated.

If you are very much concerned that your dvd writer is working properly. Just check whether your DVD writer is detected by the operating or not for doing so follow these steps.
    #Right click on my computer
    #Go to manage
    #A new window will open and on that select Device manager.
    #Now, Double click on the Disk drives.
    #Check whether you see some yellow question marks or not.
    After checking this reply again.

Check your driver using the device manager by right clicking on the my computer icon and then click on manage after that click on the device manager from the left pane then on the Right pane go to the Disk drive option. Check for the yellow question marks if it does not appears then the drivers are installed. Otherwise you will have to install it from the driver CD if possible or else get it from the Official website of the manufacturer.