Thread: Best DVD player for Linux

Best DVD player for Linux

Hi,

I am using Linux Fedora as operating system in my Laptop. You know that the linux operating system is not very much with multimedia content. I want to play DVD movie on it but i am confused that which is the best DVD player is suitable with my Laptop. Any idea. Please reply.
    Last edited by MILFORD; 27-12-2009 at 05:31 AM.

Dr. V Guest

Best DVD palyer for Linux

I am using Xine for Linux to play DVD movie on my system but it requires several plug-ins.It is full-screen mode operation supported tool and , it is far superior to any oyher DVD player. You may also select various angles, subtitles, languages and plethora of options when you right click it under full screen mode. I suggest you to go for this. Thanks

VLC multimedia player for linux is simply the best in terms of full-screen functionality and is capable of playing all the DVDs effortlessly. It is also play streaming videos from the website and you may use it as a video server for streaming videos too. It supports a whole range of video formats, most importantly MPEG4 with H.264 compression algorithms.

I am using Ogle for playing DVD Movies. It is the as the first ever Linux DVD player that brought out the concept of interactive menus. It have features like Good full-screen mode, Interactive menus, Highly intuitive interface and Clear sub-titles. But it does play on fill screen mode in Linux. You have also Bookmarks and time skipping of movie in Ogle. You should try this.

MPlayer can also play almost anything and everything including DVDs but it can not support menu support and navigation choices make it quite tedious to operate. The audio playback quality is simply superb. This player too supports high resolution HD videos. This player plays the SVCD, VCD also besides playing the DVD. Commercial, encrypted DVDs play without a problem.

There are various Linux DVD players available in website. The best DVD player specification is follows:
    # Audio-video synchronization.
    # Ease of Switching between modes.
    # Available modes.
    # The quality of sound and video.
    # Ease of navigation.