Thread: How to install Puppy Linux on my system

How to install Puppy Linux on my system

Hi ,

I purchase a new laptop recently but it did come with operating system, now i want to install Puppy Linux in my laptop but no idea how can i install. Please help me. My Laptop configuration is intel Pentium core 2 duo, 2 GB RAM, DVD drive , Nvidia Graphic card.

Puppy Linux is available in website and you need to download ISO image of that, after that burn the image and your Laptop is ready to accept the fascinating Linux-based distribution. You will see there are a few options available for end-users to choose from during the installation, it is always advisable to stick to the default settings offered during the installation process. Please reply if you need more information.

When you installing the puppy Linux from Cd , You always sure that your system is always capable for booting. Just insert your Puppy Linux CD into the CD-ROM drive of your laptop and restart your laptop and allow it to boot from the CD. During installation you will find that prompted for a select number of variables. It is recommended that allow only those option they recommend. Best of luck.

Linux puppy information

Thanks for given information, I have installing the operating system on my laptop but the graphic and screen resolution is not working on that. I have confused over some option like choose graphic option, keyboard layout and default resolution setting. Can anybody suggest me for that.

You need to select the keyboard layout you are using i,e.,the default setting is QWERTY - USA. You also need XORG graphics mode and the default resolution setting of your laptop should 1024x768x16. With follow the resolution resolution setting, you will find the cool Puppy Linux desktop. If you found any issue reply me.

Puppy Linux has a feature called the Puppy Universal Installer. This features are basically for the purpose of installing Puppy Linux on a number of different devices from USB flash drives to CD and even the hard drive. You need to right click on desktop and go to setup , select puppy universal installer . If you have hard disk and CD/ DVD drive bot , you need to select Hard drive., that is IDE or SATA. You need puppy Linux will display the specifications of the drive. It is recommend you to your hard drive that should beformatted with either EXT2 or EXT3 file system. Then click the icon next to install Puppy to... and select the CD option to proceed installation then Puppy Linux will begin its installation to the hard drive and prompt you when it is done.