Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to clean messy Context Menu in Windows 7?

Operating Systems

Old 26-12-2009

How to clean messy Context Menu in Windows 7?

Hi there, I have a small problem regarding the use of the Windows 7 operating system. I have installed the windows 7 on my system replacing the older version of Windows. But the problem is that as i am installing the software in the same the context menu is become messy and seems that all application are fighting for the piece of it. So tell me that what is the procedure to get rid of the messy context menu. Help me with the same. Thanks in advance

Old 26-12-2009

Re: How to clean messy Context Menu in Windows 7?

Hey, you can do that with the help of the regedit. Just follow the step given below which will help you to get rid of the same. Hope you have idea how to work with the reedit still i am posting the tips to make the process easy to use. Say thanks if you like the same.
  • Click on the start
  • Then Go the Run
  • Type regedit in the Run box
  • Regedit window will appear look for the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell
  • After that press Shift+Right-Click and create new file and name it as extender
  • Now enter the value for this as LegacyDisable
Old 26-12-2009

Hey friend, I will suggest you to change the look with the "REGEDIT" and it will clear the messy look of the Context menu. Just go with the following
  • Start regedit form Run command
  • Go to the 'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell"
  • Delete key that is corresponding to unused commands
  • Every file extension has own commands which you can get under the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\.EXT"
  • If you want to delete a menu entry the you have to just look for the context menu string in the registry.
Old 26-12-2009

When you visit the regedit then you will notice that registry key having shellex name instead of the Shell. This kind of key need ti handle in other way. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers change the default value for the same. Hope this will help you to understand the context menu removal in easy way. Say thanks if you like the same. Thank you
Old 26-12-2009

Hey there is tool available for this task which released from the Microsoft know as the "Microsoft PowerToys". It help you to remove the messy look of the context menu and manage the same. it also used for some important task know as Color Control Panel Applet, RAW Image Thumbnailer and Viewer and many more. So download it and get rid of the problem you are facing. Thank you
Old 26-12-2009

PowerToys add fun and functionality to the Windows experience. What are they? PowerToys are additional programs that developers work on after a product has been released.PowerToys only work with U.S. English regional settings. For more detail about the Microsoft PowerToys for Windows visit the Microsoft . You can download the same form the Microsoft. TO download it directly click on the link given below. Bye
Microsoft PowerToys

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,