Thread: Shutdown problem with windows 7

Shutdown problem with windows 7

I am using the Microsoft's newly launched operating system Windows 7 and found that as my PC is set to sleep after 20 minutes non-use but it does not sleeps it just locks up!. I get a black screen, the system does not get any signal i only have the option either to re-boot or switch off which gives me the error message at start-up asking whether to start normally or in safe mode?

Re: Shutdown problem with windows 7

If you have a desktop machine, set everything into power management to "Always on". If you are concerned about it , Find the setting for hibernation and, turn it off. This will definitely help you.

It might be possible that your computer might have got infected by some virus or malicious programs. Due to which you are facing these kind of problem. I think that you have not installed Antivirus try installing an Antivirus. So you can scan your whole system and delete the infections. I think that this might solve your problem.

I have already tried that but it does not actually solve my problem. I still have to switch off my system physically and as I have a 700w power supply for my graphics cards it was great that I could leave it in sleep mode. It really did cut down my electricity bill!. Before this i had windows Vista this worked for Vista but why it is not working for Windows 7.

I think that this happens surely due to a virus which have corrupted your machine. The black screen error is also due to such infection because sometimes these viruses attack the registry entry and the drivers. If either the drivers or the registry entry are corrupted then the system shuts downs anonymously. This results in the error message which asks you to start the system normally or in safe mode. The best solution to your problem is to reformat the drive and install the Operating system again.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain