Thread: Computer restarts every two hours

Computer restarts every two hours

I am having Acer Aspire IE-3470 computer. I have also installed the Microsoft's Window 7 Operating system. Now there is a restart problem with my system , it automatically gets restarted after every two hours. It restarts in an hour if i am viewing the Youtube or some similar websites. Please tell me why this is happening also suggest some solutions to fix this problem?
    Last edited by Abel18; 24-12-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Re: Computer restarts every two hours

These kinds of problems are not due to the Operating System. These are just due to some malicious program or Virus which consumes all the space from C Drive. Since there is a lack of temporary space the computer shuts down . You can solve these sort of problem can be solved if you install a good AntiVirus.

First above all i would like to know which antivirus are you using. Because the restart problem is always due to a virus. Hence I can guarantee you that there wont be any virus in your system. And check the device manager whether all the drivers are installed properly , If not, then just install the driver. If the device doesn't work still , Install the Virtualbox software and use the device under it.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

I was also having the similar problem on my desktop. Initially thought that it was due to a virus, But i got it solved by adjusting a simple setting. So i think that you also have a desktop. Just go to the power management and try to set everything to always on. If you are very much concerned find the settings to hibernation and turn it off.

I think your machine is having some Input/Output problems or you are having an irregular power supply or the restarting is due to overheating because your machine has collected enough dust internally. I would advise to check all the power cords carefully. Also check whether fans and air inlets for dust, and perhaps dissemble the machine and clean it out, using a vacuum cleaner.

If these steps did not solve the issue. Use some disk utilities to check the condition of the hard disk and correct all the logical errors. if this also does not help you download a program known as memtest86 .Use this program to check the computer's RAM memory. This process will take time but checks it very thoroughly.

This is a quite serious issue and is likely due to something that is running on your system which is causing your Operating System to stop functioning.Try to close such unwanted problems with the help of the task manager and do an AdAware scan of your system. If this also not work for you try some other youtube client. If possible try defragmenting your hard drive .

If this also does not work for you then comes the last option "Format" the system and re-install the Operating system.