Thread: Load Error :"no DPMI memory"

Load Error :"no DPMI memory"

I have ACER laptop with me and i use Windows XP as an operating system. Recently I succesfully made a bootable USB key to run ghost.exe on the startup. After this tried on DOS, but when i tried to load ghost.exe in DOS, got error message: "Load Error :"no DPMI memory". I don't want this error means, its first time i got this error. Please me in fixing this error.

Re: Load Error :"no DPMI memory"

Firstly i would like to know which DOS version are you using? Is it PC DOS or MS DOS?. If you are working or using MS DOS with latest himem.sys, then the error ("no DPMI memory") should not come. Another thing you do is, if you can run memory program, it will show how much memory your machine can utilize. Even though you have a large physical memory, memory manager(himem.sys) might not handle correctly.
    other thing you can try is get a hold of free dos himem.exe and replace it with current himem.sys
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

It think this error would be appearing on your WINDOWS version of GHOST. And this windows version uses PC(Norton) DOS, with this version of DOS which in my opinion has many problems seems to be the caused. I will tell you to try re-creating the DOS Disks from within Windows. Later versions of Ghost are after all Windows software. Important to note that DPMI stands for DOS Protected Mode Interface. Hope this could your problem.

Note that whenever you make a TCP/IP network boot image or TCP/IP Network Ghost client boot image using the Ghost Boot Wizard, it is created and it is allocated size of 16 MB. May be some computers and network cards cannot handle network boot images of this much big size. So, the solution to kind of issue is to create a smaller and custom TCP/IP boot image using the 3Com Boot Image Editor. This is in the case that you already have 3Com Boot Services installed at your location. If this is not the case, install 3Com Boot Services before proceeding.Hope you can fix the error.

Firstly would like say that DPMI stand for DOS Protected Mode Interface. I am assuming that you using Windows DOS not the MS DOS. So, most likely you may need a DOS memory extender like DOS/4GW. And would have came with the program and it should be in the directory where the program is installed. If you not have this binaries(DOS/4GW) replacement, then tell your friends to give or download it. This would really solve your error.

I also got same error recently and solution also. I have 2 ways to solve this error. First way is, you can specify the use of hdpart in the Admin Parameters section of Pre-OS package. And to change this settings, make Expert Settings to Yes, and then under Pre-OS Agent Configuration select HDPART as the partitioning tool. The second way is, related to an older Himem.sys file in the Pre-OS package. A new Pre-OS package is available that contains updated files to resolve this error message. I hope this will surely fix your error.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"