Thread: Random running of Chkdsk at boot on windows 7

Random running of Chkdsk at boot on windows 7

Help Please! I am using the windows 7 pro on my recently bought computer. I am having some serious problems while my system boots up. My windows 7 pro client sometime reports about running of chkdsk during boot. But unfortunately i have never seen any error in the event log. Do anybody have this kind of problem with the Windows 7 pro ? If yes has anybody got the solution for the same ?

Re: Random running of Chkdsk at boot on windows 7

Sometime this kind of problems may be happening because of some incorrect settings on your computer. You can use following method to check this issue. and it can be done by using CHKNTFS utility. Go to the start menu and type "cmd" in search bar. Then Run as administrator by right clicking on the searched result. Use " chkntfs /X C: " command in the command prompt if you want to disable the check disk on C: drive. Similarly you can do it for D and C drives by using " chkntfs /X C: D: E: "

You can do it by Using Registry method as i have given the following steps to do that.
    1. Go to the Start Menu and type regedit in the Run text box.
    2. Search for the following key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager
    3. Choose Export by right clicking the Session Manager, select Desktop in the Save in box and type backup in File Name. Your backup file would be on desktop.
    4. Double click on the BootExecute.
    5. autocheck autochk * is the default value of the key.
    6. To change the key to autocheck autochk /k:C * to disable the autocheck on C: drive.
    7. You can add more drives by using autocheck autochk /k:C /k * (For both C and D).
    8. Restart your computer now.

May be this could be the problem regarding your windows systems settings. There will be many different and complicated type of procedure to solve this issue. Even you may get some other problem also as if you are new to system settings. For the best i would be preferring to install your windows again. You reinstall your windows 7 in a same way in which you did previously. But for this time additionally look for the settings that has been saved.

I had the same problem than you, and this was the cause of errors in Backup and in defragmentation, but now I have solved the problem. May be that helps to you.

The problem was caused by Internet Explorer 8, after a while of navigation, and this was because the "temporary Internet files" had been moved to another location, in the drive or partition where the problem was located.

So, I solved the problem moving this "temporary Internet files" to their default location in: C:\users\...\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\.