Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-12-2009

header tabs of Task Manager lost in Windows 7

Hello,
Recently the header tabs of task manager was lost which was used to move from applications to processes. If I restart my pc then it comes back but after sometime it again disappears. I have scanned my pc but it is virus free. Please tell me how to get the header tabs of Task Manager back on Windows XP?? Thanks
Old 24-12-2009

Re: header tabs of Task Manager lost in Windows 7

To get the tabs back you have to double click on the edge of Task Manager. A picture here will show you how to do it. You can also try to open the Notification Area Icons control panel item and click on the "Restore default icon behavior".
Old 24-12-2009

I think it may be a problem within Windows itself or maybe a virus issue. I would there suggest you to do a complete system scan preferably in Safe Mode to determine which one is it. You can also try Ccleaner or malwarebytes anti malware to scan your pc, go to this link here: How to Master MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware
http://forums.techarena.in/tips-tweaks/533699.htm
Old 24-12-2009

To work around this behavior, perform the following steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type taskmgr.exe.
  3. Hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT at the same time, and while holding them down press ENTER.
When Task Manager is running in Tiny Footprint mode, you can resize the window. To switch Task Manager to its typical display mode, double-click the top border of the window.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,