Thread: USB multi-boot 10 missing $OEM_X file

USB multi-boot 10 missing $OEM_X file

Just few days back i had installed USB multi-boot 10 on my system. It got installed without having much trouble. Now the problem is that when i try to launch the file USB_MultiBoot_10.cmd, it gives out an error message stating that "ERROR File $OEM_X is missing" and cannot proceed. So, can any body tell me that how do i resolve USB multi-boot 10 missing $OEM_X file issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: USB multi-boot 10 missing $OEM_X file

Please note that you will need a large USB device to be able to support every bootable ISO in the menu. $OEM$_X Folder is an empty folder being part of the USB_MultiBoot_10.zip download. I advise you to use the NEW technique, which in my view is the Preferred approach. Install XP from USB AFTER Booting with PE from HDD or USB using USB_XP_Setup.cmd

The advantage of the NEW technique is that there are no changes needed in the BIOS Setting. This is a small application that will allow you to create a bootable USB flash disc with Windows XP on it so you can install your XP by booting from a USB. The settings will vary depending on your motherboard. On ASUS A7V400-MX SE Motherboard - press DEL to enter setup. Goto the "boot" menu and select the "Hard Disk Drives" option, and change the list so that your USB Key is displayed as the first hard disk to boot (prior to formatting with HPUSBFW.EXE my USB drive did not show up in the bios settings). Hopefully your USB drive will boot successfully.

Booting for XP Setup occurs all the time as normal from the C-Install Drive if you Install on C-Drive. Are find.exe and findstr.exe present in C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder ? Thus the USB-stick does not need to be bootable and it is not needed that the motherboard supports booting from USB.

You also should be using SP2 or SP3 if error code is not 0x0000007B. You will need to create a RAM loading image to boot BartPE from this drive. This process is beyond the scope of this tutorial, however the relevant information is available elsewhere. Either an ISO file or SDI file can be booted.

When I use this application, always show miss hal.dll file when boot from USB key. Booting floppy disk images is very straightforward and adding additional images should not be difficult (as long as MEMDISK is able to boot them). I had been try this issue so many times, than I found the other application name "WinSetupFromUSB-0.1.1.exe", it solved any problem, can be boot from USB key no problem, and after three step, install Windows XP done from USB key.