Thread: How to update Daylight Saving Time in Laptop

How to update Daylight Saving Time in Laptop

Hi ,
    I am using Windows Vista in my Laptop, actually i am traveling frequently from my country to Europe with my Laptop. In Europe , local time forward one hour in the spring and backwards in the autumn. In that time i always need to update my time of my Laptop. I think there is a function of day time setting in windows Vista. Can anybody help me for the setting and how can i access from my windows Vista ?

Europe DST update

Daylight saving time (DST), and "Summer Time" in much of Europe, is the practice of moving local time forward one hour in the spring and backwards in the autumn. These spring and fall shifts to DST are different between northern and southern hemispheres. The start of DST in the northern hemisphere is in March or April (depending on the country/continent), and ending in October or November. In the southern hemisphere, the changes are the opposite, with DST beginning in October and ending in March or April. Generally, DST is not observed in Asia and Africa, and parts of Central and South America.

Infoemation of Daylight Saving Time

Microsoft product updates and release schedule for daylight saving time and time zone changes: Most Windows-based applications (and some services) reference the underlying operating system for daylight saving time and time zone information. However, some applications and services do not. Microsoft Windows has established an annual update schedule for daylight saving time and time zone. Many of Microsift product teams also follow a similar annual product update cadence, with provisions for semi-annual cumulative updates as needed. For each update release, the window closes for additional updates a few months (generally four to six) prior to the release date.

Microsoft update Daylight Saving Time by patches

Following the Windows regular cadence for publishing newly legislated daylight saving time rules and time zone updates, Microsoft "Cumulative DST and Time Zone Updates" are scheduled for release each November - December for the coming calendar year. When needed, Microsoft product groups may also provide a semi-annual update in the August - September timeframe. The product group will also publish the new or modified time zone information (TZI) keys in an update to Microsoft KB article 914387 for IT professionals and systems administrators who may need that information. you may need to download this patches from Microsoft download center.

Manually update Daylight Saving Time in Laptop

European Summer Time is observed across most of Europe from the last Sunday in March through the last Sunday in October. In 2008, European Summer Time began at 01:00 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) on March 30, 2008, and will end at 01:00 GMT on October 26, 2008. So you also set manually time for Windows Vista.

Windows time zone update Daylight Saving Time

If you use Windows Vista and have Automatic Updates turned on, you may not be affected by the change in daylight saving time. Because Automatic Updates agent automatically update the time and date of windows Vista. There is also one method for time updating , If you click on automatically time synchronization from windows time zone.