Thread: Crystal Report does not work in Windows 7

Crystal Report does not work in Windows 7

I am terribly stuck by installing Windows 7 in my system. The problem is that Crystal Report does not work in Windows 7. I was using it in Windows XP, that was my previous operating system to create work reports at my office. Now, I have switched to Windows 7 and I cannot use this software in it. I want to know whether Windows 7 is compatible with Crystal Report or not? Is there any other complement available that can create reports that works on Windows 7 too? Please reply and help me with this problem.

Dr. V Guest

R Reports works on Windows 7

I think that Crystal Report does not work in Windows 7 because it may not be compatible with the operating system. There is a complement available on the web called as "R Reports". R Reports works fine on Windows 7 and I use the same to in my softwares to create reports of my employees. I also have Windows 7 operating system in my computer, so it means that it is totally compatible with Windows 7. Use R Report to solve your problem.

Use the latest version Crystal Report

Crystal Report does not work in Windows 7 may be because you may not be using the latest version of the software. The older versions of any applications and softwares do not work on Windows 7. Use the latest version Crystal Report that is available and it will work perfectly and I can assure you this because I am using the latest version of Crystal Report in my system with Windows 7 operating system. Using the latest version might hopefully solve your problem.

Hardware and software evaluation wizard

There must be a conflict between Windows 7 and Crystal Report, that is a compatibility issue because of which Crystal Report does not work in Windows 7. There are many other programs that work in the previous operating systems, but they do not work in Windows 7. The hardware and software evaluation wizard will let you know about the incompatible programs in your system and by this result, you can check for the alternatives and complements that are available for the particular softwares and programs.

Reinstall Crystal Report

If you are using the latest version of Crystal Report and still if the software does not work means that there has been some installation error. Such errors occur when you try to install the software along with applications running in the background. That is why it is always told to stop all applications before you enter the installation process. I guess that you will have to uninstall the software, then reboot your system. Now, Reinstall Crystal Report keeping in mind that you do not run any other applications along with the installation process.

Dual Boot system will help

There must have been a compatibility issue due to which Crystal Report does not work in Windows 7. Dual Boot system will help to solve such types of compatibility issues. You will have to install another operating system in a different drive because of which you will get a Windows Boot Manager, when you start the system. With the help of this option, you can start the operating system that you want. Thus, the programs that do not work in Windows 7 can be operated in the previous versions of the Windows operating systems.