Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 23-12-2009

How to set up Windows Media Center extender in windows 7?

Hey friend, I am having the problem regarding the set up of the Windows Media Center Extender in the Windows 7. I want to set it up but i could not because i am the new user of the Windows 7. So help me regarding the same so that i can achieve the same. Any help may be appreciated. Waiting for the reply. Thanks in advance.
Old 23-12-2009

Re: How to set up Windows Media Center extender in windows 7?

You can connect your Media Center Extender to your home network using an Ethernet cable. This type of connection is called a wired network, and it's recommended over a wireless connection because it's generally faster and more reliable. For more information about setting up a home network and the pros and cons of the different types of network connections, see What you need to set up a home network.
  • Plug one end of an Ethernet cable into an Ethernet port on your router, hub, or switch.
  • Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your Extender.
  • Plug the power cord of the Extender in.
  • Make sure the network activity light for the Ethernet cable that is plugged into the Extender is on.
Old 23-12-2009

After you have establish the set up of the Windows Media center extender to you home network you need to add the file like video or picture to it. So that they will appear on the same when you will use it. So follow the step and enjoy.
  • Go to the Windows media center start screen and select the setting
  • Now choose the Media Libraries.
  • Then to the type of media and next
  • Add folder to library by selecting it and then to next
  • Choose the location to save you the playlist file
  • Select the file which you want to add
  • After selecting all the folder click on finish
Old 23-12-2009

To use the Windows Media Center extender with your PC you need to set up your home network for the same. First make sure that you have all the cable necessary to connect the home network. After that use the following setting to set up the connection.
  • Go to the Control Panel and install the hardware
  • Now achieve the internet connection
  • Connect all peripheral
  • Now run the Network set up wizard
Bye
Old 23-12-2009

If all the above are not helpful for setting up the connection of the Windows media center extender then visit the below given link to get some help regarding the same. It will definitely help you solve the issue of yours. So go with it. Vista Windows Media Center Extender fails to connect with new HP MediaSmart Connect x280n http://forums.techarena.in/mediacenter/1036027.htm Media Center Extender Help (XBox 360 & Vista Home Premium)
Old 23-12-2009

Hey, This really helpful if you want to steam the media stored on the windows 7 on other room. WMCE allow the connection between the using the home network connection. You can stream 5 extender content with the Windows 7 system. For more visit the this

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , ,