Thread: Memory leakage problem in Windows 7

Memory leakage problem in Windows 7

I am having a dell system with core 2 quad processor and with 2 GB of RAM . I am experiencing a sever problem of memory leakage after a long uptime , Initially the memory was around 700 but When i left my system idle for about 7 to 8 hours the memory usage is increased to 1.5 gb . it remain unaffected when i tried to turn off the Superfetch And prefetch. the consumed memory is still not released . The matter of concern is that my downloads are being corrupted by this. please help me.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Memory leakage problem in Windows 7

Firstly i would like to know whether you are running on 32 or 64bit. I think it might be because of your antivirus or some other automated program kicks in and runs which must be consuming the memory, it doesn't release this as efficiently as it should with some RAM configurations. If this is the case then you should not leave your system idle for such long hours.

Hi everyone i was using the windows XP but recently upgraded to Windows 7 and have been using it since the RTM release. I also started facing the same problem of memory leakage right after a week of upgradation. Actually it would increase slowly and could use double memory without any special applications running on it. If i check the task manager it would not show any application which must consume this much memory.

This is not actually a problem due to the upgradation of the Operating System. This problem can be solved easily but with two different approaches either buy another RAM and get it installed it on the system . So the extended memory can be enough for you to use . Secondly try defragmenting the hard disk. This helps the hard disk in storing the disk in an organized manner .Also this improves the life of the hard disk.

According to me you can get this problem solved by the following two ways the first is you should check the task manager whether it is running some unwanted programs or it started running the scheduled Antivirus scan . If this is the case try to disable the Antivirus scheduled scan . Also check whether or not you have defragmented your hard drive . you can achieve this by the following steps
    1. Click on the start menu
    2. go to All programs > Accessories > System tools.
    3. Now , you will see the disk defragmenter option.
    4. Try to defragment all of the partition.
    This will take time but i think will definitely solve your problems.

Hi friends
    I have finished the defragmentation process this process has helped me a lot . After the defragmentation the memory leakage problem has been solved . I would like to thanks all of you for giving me a lot of replies . Due to your reply i can now work on my system quite fastly.