Thread: Without virtulization XPmode in windows 7

Without virtulization XPmode in windows 7

Can I run XP mode in windows 7 but hardware is not capable for virtualization. I tried to search in many forums but they were not giving appropriate answer. I want to know what are the features of XP mode in windows 7. Can you tell me that how to run XP mode in windows 7 and my processor is not sufficient to work.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Without virtulization XPmode in windows 7

*Microsoft provides common features like Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode
    *There in no need for hardware assisted virtualization viz, it works without VT-x or AMD-v
    *To running application from xp mode it offers seamless integration with host desktop.
    *In the xp mode we can access host files.
    *Control-C/V are using for coping files from other context between host and virtual machine.
    *Xp modes supports the third party images like VMDK, VHD, VDI, HDD

The disadvantages of the virtual machine requires processor which is capable of hardware, with AMD-V, Intel VT. Hardware virtualization are capable by your processor then you cannot able look Microsoft virtual PC in which you can use Xp mode.
    Based on SUN Virtual box of VMlite a virtualization technology helps you to run xp mode in windows 7 weather your hardware supports your virtualization or not.

Xp mode of windows 7 provides you easy way to run many of your essential softwares that run on Windows XP on Windows 7. It works on virualization technology like windows own virtual PC to offer you virtual window xp surrounding for windows 7. 32-bit virtual windows xp service pack 3 offers by window xp mode by windows 7. windows pc need a processor to virtualization.

Now recently microsoft launched windows XP for windows 7, It contains virtual pc with licenced copy of windows service pack 3 at it client operating system. windows 7 has pre installed with all integration and configured of windows XP to allow a user compatibility of windows xp software. And this can be accessed with same host desktop of windows 7.

You can dowload wndows xp mode .
    Download "Windows XP Mode":
    Save the 7-.zip file
    you can get it on official site.
    Then extract the file \sources\xpm from the saved file with 7-zip.
    And now extract file VirtualXPVHD from xpm with 7-zip and vhange the name of the file to VirtualXP.vhd
    Now you use this vhd file as hard disk image in VirtualBox or VMware.
    When you start this hard drive image file , you find the installation questions and you have to agree with the EULA .