Thread: How to install games on Macintosh?

How to install games on Macintosh?

I has recently switched to Macintosh operating system from Windows Vista Home Premium. As I am new to this operating system, I am not familiar with the features that this operating system provides. I wanted to play games also on this operating system, so how do I install games on Macintosh. When I try installing games by inserting the CD of the game into the CD-ROM, I get a noise from the ROM for some time. But, no install option appears as it does normally in all Windows operating systems.

Re: How to install games on Macintosh?

Inorder to install games on Macintosh, the process is the same as you do normally on the Windows operating systems. First you have to check for the compatibility of all the applications and games that you are installing in the MAC OS. If you insert the CD of a compatible game, then surely you will be able to see the same installation screen that you normally see while inserting a CD of the game. Be sure that you keep patience till the CD loads.

I know some games that run in Windows operating systems are compatible in Macintosh too. They are as follows:
    1. Call of Duty 4
    2. Command
    3. Conquer 3
    4. Spore

I have played all these 4 games in MAC OS and it runs perfectly fine. The technique to install games on Macintosh is the same as you do in Windows. When you buy the game, make sure that it supports the Macintosh operating system. You will find the compatibilities on the back of the cover of the game.
    Last edited by jesse; 23-12-2009 at 02:47 AM.

Dr. V Guest

The installation of games in Macintosh is the same as in Windows operating systems. If you find that the games do not work on Macintosh, then you simply have to search for the patches and cracks for the respective games that work with Macintosh. Also, visit the official site of MAC and check for the compatible games that are available for the operating system. That is the only way you can solve your problems with finding applications, games, etc that run on MAC OS. This is because the number of Windows compatible stuff being made are more in number than Macintosh. But, actually the number of "MAC" users are more than Windows users.
    Last edited by Dr. V; 23-12-2009 at 02:54 AM.

If you are not able to install games on Macintosh that are compatible with Windows, but not with Mac, then here is the best way to get rid of these problems:
    • Requirements: Intel Mac, Leopard or Snow Leopard.
    • Virtualization: Use Windows inside your Mac without having the need to restart.
    • The Software Requirements: Parallels, VMware Fusion.
    • Crossover: Helps to run Windows applications in Macintosh.

There is an easy way to install games on Macintosh if you have leopard. There is a program known as BOOT CAMP ASSISTANT in the utilities section. Here you will get instruction to install Windows when you insert the disc. After you have successfully installed Windows, you simply have to install the games that you require onto the BOOT CAMP WINDOWS. This might hopefully solve the problem and you can breath a sigh of relief as you can be sure that you have made the right decision of switching to Macintosh.