Thread: How to enable Admin account on Windows 7

How to enable Admin account on Windows 7

Hi,

Recently i am purchasing Acer Laptop, it comes with Windows 7 operating system. Now i want to change some setting in Windows7 but it require login as Admin account, But i don't know how to enable windows 7 admin account, Can anybody have any idea. Please suggest.

Enable Admin account on Windows 7

Windows7 admin account is just like that Windows Vista admin account. It does not have by default admin account, So you need to enable them by following steps : Go to start and and open command prompt then run the following command net user administrator /active:yes and restrart the system. If you found any issue reply me.

Enable login account as Admin on Windows 7

You need to open a command prompt in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing “Run as administrator” and type net user administrator /active:yes on it then you should see a message that the command completed successfully. then you nee to logout and after that you will able to see administrator account in login page. If you any query reply me.

Group policy method of enable Windows 7 account.

There is another way to activating the administrator account in Windows 7 that is Local Security Policy. You need to type secpol.msc in the search bar and hit enter. Then a Local Security Policy windows open, you need to navigate Local Policies > security option where you will find Accounts: Administrator account. Just double click on that and enable it and restart the windows. If you have any confusion after that, Please reply.

How to disable Admin account on Windows 7

Thank you very much for reply, Now it will work on, but i know that how can i disable. Please reply, Your reply is appreciated.

Disable Admin account on Windows 7

You have to disable built-in Administrator Account in windows 7as very simple step. You need to logged on as a regular user account. Then open a command prompt and type the following Command : net user administrator /active:no. after that, you need to logout and you will find that the admin account is not displayed on the login page anymore. If you find any issue reply.