Thread: SAFE BOOT options in MaC

SAFE BOOT options in MaC

How to safe boot MAC. My system has crashed and then I had restored MAC OS X back again. But that was done by a friend. Now in future if the same thing occurs then how can I Safe Boot mac and restore the entire operating system. I had tried but I am not so much advanced in MAC OS X. I need some general tips and suggestions on it.

Re: SAFE BOOT options in MaC

Apple has introduced the Safe Boot with Panther. Essentially, holding down the Shift key immediately after the "bong" startup in Panther they produced two different actions first was made an inspection / repair the disk (the same that is obtained by choosing "Repair Disk" in Disk Utility or using fsck in "Single User Mode) and the other was to disabled all non-essential extensions (files with the name that comes to. Kext and are stored in / System / Library / Extensions) as well as third-party startup items (stored in / Library / StartupItems). You can try any of it.

To confirm the troubleshooting option Safe Boot appear on screen during blue screen of the boot process. The purpose of the Safe Boot, especially through the disabling of file, was to allow startup into a situation where it was just one of these files is causing the crash at startup.The Safe Boot remains in Tiger, but has been "fleshed out" in order to be more useful and create less confusion.

Re: SAFE BOOT options in MAC

In Tiger it is similar pressing the Shift key but, in addition to the two functions described for Panther, has more. If the crash is due to a damaged font (perhaps by some installer installed third party applications), the action stops him. Put in the Trash the font cache (only the user who made the log-in) stored in a folder in / Library / Caches / com.apple.ATS /. Since it is known to damage the caches (especially fonts) may cause crashes at startup, this system can work around the problem.

Re: SAFE BOOT options in MAC

There are many ways to remove the cache, including the use of utilities such as Font Finagler, but require that the Mac has booted successfully. The Safe Boot has the advantage of operating in situations where other solutions would be impractical. It should be noted that the cache removed remain in the Trash-boot completed. So you can save, review and, if desired, even reinstall it: just get them out of the trash. In most cases, however, I would not do. It is better to remove them and let Mac OS X will create new ones, especially if the Safe Boot did successfully restart the Mac.

First Disable Log-in Items (Log-in Items). Are those that have been selected in the Log-in Items section of your account in the Accounts pane of System Preferences. Even in Panther you could disable (and were vaguely called Startup Items) by holding down the Shift key immediately after pressing the Log-in button in the log-in window. You could easily disable these items in case of an automatic log-in (because the log-in window does not appear, Start in Safe Boot and disable log-in items were two separate actions (simply pressing the Shift key at startup did not start eitherTiger is much improved.

The Safe Boot forces the Login window to appear, even if you choose to login automatically (via the Login Options in the Accounts pane of System Preferences). It is at this point in the startup process, which appears on the screen the words "Safe Boot", and the Safe Boot disables login items, a separate command is no longer necessary. Moreover, the font cache are moved to the Trash. To disable login items Items (and move the font cache to the trash) and no other actions with a Safe Boot just hold down the Shift key while the login window you press the button Log In If you chose the automatic login (which means that the normal login window appears), it can be forced to appear by holding down the Shift key after the appearance of blue screen at startup. This gives access to the Login window without using the Safe Boot.