Thread: Windows XP, Blank Screen with Cursor Freezed while Welcome Screen should Appear.!!

Windows XP, Blank Screen with Cursor Freezed while Welcome Screen should Appear.!!

I am having some problem with my operating system. I have installed Windows XP on my system. I was using it without any problem till I installed the AVG Free Edition from the Internet. I was having doubt that there are some Virus in my system so I installed the Anti virus. When I scanned my system it found 3 virus and cleaned it. Later when I started my system I can see only the Blank Screen instead of the Windows Welcome screen and sometimes I can see cursor of my Mouse which gets freezes at center. At this time there is no effect even I press the key combination to restart. Please help me sort out this problem as soon as possible.!!
    Dimension 1100 (FMY032J) mini-tower
    2.53ghz Intel Pentium 4
    80 gig nfts HDD
    512 RAM
    Main circuit board: Dell 0CF458
    BIOS: Dell A00
    Display: Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller [Display adaptor]
    Multimedia: Sound MAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Windows XP Home SP2

Re: Windows XP, Blank Screen with Cursor Freezed while Welcome Screen should Appear.!!

I think this might have happened because of the Anti Virus that you downloaded for free from the Internet. Many times such problem occurs after installing the freeware. Either that Anti virus has caused some system unstable or the virus that it caught had corrupted the system file. Try using another Anti virus which should be recently updated. I hope that it will catch more virus. I would suggest you not to install such freeware.

Re: Windows XP, Blank Screen with Cursor Freezed while Welcome Screen should Appear.!!

Have you tried to uninstall the Anti virus that you installed recently. If it is not allowing you to uninstall from the normal boot then go to the safe boot. Restart the system and keep pressing the F8 key to enter the safe mode. Once you enter the safe mode try to uninstall that Anti virus. Once it gets uninstalled restart your system and check whether it is working properly or not. Hope this time it will work properly.

I was having the exact same issue like you. I installed the AVG anti virus from net for free. And then onwards I started getting many error messages. I have to reinstall my OS and then I installed the Genuine Anti virus and the problem got fixed. So try to install some another Anti Virus that can prove beneficial for you.

If nothing is working for you then the Last option is to Repair your Operating System. You can perform Repair after inserting the Bootable CD of Windows XP. When you select the same drive for the installation it will ask you an option that you have to repair it. Select the repair option and then proceed with the installation. The advantage of repairing your OS is that it replaces your corrupted system files with new files placed in CD and the data remains as it is in Hard Disk. So you can try repairing the OS.

Dr. V Guest

Many times when you download free version of the application from the Internet it causes some issues. I think same happened in your case. After installing the Anti Virus the problem started. Now you have to try to uninstall that Anti Virus by going to Control Panel. In that Add / Remove program you will find that anti virus. Select that and than remove it. If the problem is recurring then you will have to repair your operating system.

hai i have solution of blank screen.
    press 1)CTRL+ALT+DELETE
    2) click on NEW TASK
    3) type DESKTOP
    than one error blink on window u have to ok that and ur problem will be solve
    BUT U HAVE TO DO THIS MATTER EVERY TIME WHEN U STAT UR COMPUTER.
    ur loving friend Sayyed Bablu