Thread: How to make Windows 7 free from error reporting?

How to make Windows 7 free from error reporting?

Hi Folks, I am having a problem regarding the use of the Windows 7. Whenever i am trying to fix my computer for the certain functionality it always shows me the error message. When i know that whatever i am doing is right then there is no use the error report. Can any one help me by setting my windows 7 free from the error reporting because i am frustrated by seeing same message again and again. A help may be appreciate. Waiting for the reply

Re: How to make Windows 7 free from error reporting?

If you are that sure that you don't require the Error reporting from the system because you know what you are doing then follow the Below given step to make the same. I hope this will help you.
    • Click on the start
    • Go to the Search box
    • Type action center
    • Now It will display the access center, Click on that
    • Click on the Change Action Center Settings
    • And then to the Problem Reporting Settings.
    • And disable it.

You can also make the error reporting with the group policy. For that Click on the start and then to the search box and type "gpedit.msc". And then look for the User Configuration \ Administrative Templates \ Windows Components \ Windows Error Reporting and after going to that now under Setting double click on Disable Windows Error Reporting. And it is done. Thanks

Before disabling the windows error reporting first make sure that you don't require this facility anymore. And if you still want to disable it then you have to logged in as the Administrator of the system. This can not be access by the standard or the normal user. So first make yourself as the Administrator and then try the same. Thanks

The Microsoft Error Reporting Service helps Microsoft and Windows partners diagnose problems in the software you use and provide solutions. Not all problems have solutions, but when solutions are available, they are offered as steps to solve a problem you’ve reported or as updates to install. To help prevent problems and make software more reliable, some solutions are also included in service packs and future versions of the software. For more visit the Microsoft

Hey, I am having the same problem regarding the same in the windows xp that i have sorted out with one of the post related to this forum. i think you can also get the help regarding the same with that. So go with it and see that it will work for you or not. Say thanks if it works. Disable Error Reporting in Windows XP