Thread: Restore guest user account

Restore guest user account

I was using my elder brother laptop from last 6 months and always used guest account to login. I use to go online, play games, surfing and also have saved many of my data important in that laptop using guest account. Few days back laptop was working slowly, so my brother without concerning and knowing deleted the guest account in which i use to login. I am very much upset with this, is there any way i can retrieve guest account which i have created and also get my data back? Please help me.

Re: Restore guest user account

It very bad thing happen with you i can understand. I can suggest you a trick to do this but i am not sure you will get back everything. Firstly login into laptop with administrator account then click on start button down side. After that go into control panel, then go into Performance and Maintenance option, and then check there will be option named "System Restore". Now, restore the system as it was before the guest account was deleted. Hope this will help you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am also facing the same problem. I used to work on my dad laptop. I have saved many of music files, contacts, notes, pictures, etc in guest account. Suddenly dad's laptop was hanging up and restarting again and again, so dad thought that it would be because of virus and worms. And without any scanning and concerning dad deleted guest account and many other data also. Now, i am worried will a lot that it will get recover or not..Please help me out of this situation.

I can tell how to restore your files or data which you have saved but can't be sure how to restore the whole guest account. To retrieve the files or data you saved on your brother laptop follow the below steps:
    1: Go to into Safe mode and login with Administrator account.
    2: Right Click on My computer and click on Properties option
    3: Now, select the System Restore section and select the restore point
    you want.
    After this steps are done. Restart the laptop and check whether you have retrieve your files or not.

First of all you should have mentioned which OS is there in laptop. Is it XP or Vista??. But can tell you if your brother account is still there as it was first before deleting the data and guest account then you can recover your data. If would know which OS is been used then would be able to tell you exact instruction. Then also i am tell you instruction for Vista
    * Create a new guest account
    * Copy the contents of the deleted account's C:\Users\(user-name)
    folders into the corresponding new account's C:\Users\(user-name)
    folders. This copy all of the deleted account's settings and shortcuts
    into the new account.
    * If everything checks out ok, you can delete the deleted account's
    C:\Users\(user-name) folder.

The method to retrieve the deleted account is little bit high-level. Try if you do it. Check that user's domain in the global catalog has not replicated in the deletion, and then avoid the global catalog from replicating. If global catalog has no latent, then the most current system should locate state backup of a global catalog domain controller in the deleted user's home domain. Now all the deleted user accounts be restore and then allow end to end replication of those user accounts.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"