Thread: Unable to load subtitles in my OS

Unable to load subtitles in my OS

I have a laptop acer aspire 4736 installed with Windows XP. I brought the dvd's which has subtitles in it but when am playing them on my laptop it is unable to read. I asked my friends about this problem and they told its an OS installation problem. Can anyone help me to come out from this problem.

Re: Unable to load subtitles in my OS

Many of mine friends has also gone from same problem of not able to see the subtitles in the DVD's they have brought. And most common solution to this problem is due using of Pirated DVD'. So always buy the genuine copy of DVD's and not the duplicate(i.e pirated) one. Also would like suggest that check on DVD player's also, is it you getting the subtitles or not.If you getting then ask for another copy of DVD from where you purchase.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I don't know in which OS your not able load the subtitles and this does to matter also. If would like say, if you are using Media player and not able to see the subtitles then go through folloing steps:
    1] Open Windows Media Player Classic, under playback select the
    Output option
    2] Now, check VMR9(renderless) option under the DirectShow Video
    section
    3] Under RealMedia check DirectX 9 and also Under QuickTime Video
    check DirectX 9
    4] After doing all this now click on OK and Restart Windows Media Player
    Classic
    Hope you have fix the problem and can see the subtitles.

I have also gone through this same kind of issue/problem of unable to see the subtitles of DVD's. Firstly i taught problem was with DVD's i brought but that was not the case. I changed many DVD's but same thing was going every time. Finally, one my friend told me to reinstall the media player i was using and i did this. After reinstalling the media player i was to read the subtitles of DVD's. So maybe you have same problem like me so reinstall player and check your solved is not.

If you have already done checking with your DVD's is original or not and if its original and then also subtitles are not able to load then it would problem with player which you are using. I would like to suggest you to use VOBSUB. In Media Player it act as an filter that can load subtitles like ssa, sub, srt, vobsub, etc.) into being played. All video players can use VOBSUB. VOBDUB package deals with two kinds of subtitle formats i.e 1:]vobsub ripped: idx/sub[/rar] and 2:] textual: srt, sub, psb, smi, ssa, ass.

Actually i am going through this same problem not able to load the Subtitles. I use media player classic 6.4.8.4 on Windows Vista. I am trying loading to AVI file with subtitles. Every time i try do this i get error message, telling that I must change the video render type. I always get this same message everytime as is i had changed not everything
    What maybe causing this?
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's