Thread: High Memory Usage From teatimer.exe

High Memory Usage From teatimer.exe

After installing windows xp on my system i have noticed that teatimer.exe always run as background process. I have tried to stop that process from task manager but it won't... Is this virus or any system file. When i open task manger it shows high memory usage from teatimer.exe.

Re: High Memory Usage From teatimer.exe

Teatimer working is similar to the Anti-Virus resident in that it monitors the processes initiated.The process filename teatimer.exe is a program file which may have been installed on your computer as a spyware scanner or spyware remover. Teatimer is preventing the internet from making changes to your system. It immediately detects known malicious processes wanting to start and terminates them giving you some options, how to deal with this process in the future.

TeaTimer detects when something wants to change some critical registry keys. File TeaTimer.exe is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files" or sometimes in a subfolder of "C:\Documents and Settings" (typically C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\). TeaTimer can protect you against such changes again giving you an option: You can either Allow or Deny the change.

It is a piece of SPYBOT S&D. It is a memory resident program that prevents unwanted changes to your systems registry. It does take up allot of resourses.Spybot process that controls malicious processes, not to be terminated.

Teatimer.exe Memory Usage problem can be solve by using Right click Spybot in the System Tray > Choose Exit Spybot S&D Resident. TeaTimer.exe is part of Spybot Search & Destroy. Provides protection against spyware. There is also an option to delete the file associated with this process. If your firewall opens any windows click on the ok tab. Reboot your machine for the changes to take effect.

I suggest you to run CCleaner, it is a freeware PC optimization tool. . TeaTimer.exe is not a Windows core file. The program can also be removed using the control panel Add\Remove programs applet.Another option is Eusing Free Registry Cleaner is a free registry repair software that allows you to safely clean and repair registry problems with a few simple mouse clicks. The Windows Registry is a crucial part of your PC's operation system.