Thread: Blocking Linux

Blocking Linux

Hi
    I am trying to set the card with ENVY, I had almost as many mistakes. However, I had the idea to uninstall any application made to the KDE. AND the number of errors has significantly decreased since the week that I use. Will this be the QT library that my CG would not? I leave the discussion open, if someone interested in the solution please post back. Awaiting for the reply.
    Last edited by Kingfisher; 21-12-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Re: Blocking Linux

Hi
    I think you might had used commands like vmstat, top, ps to see if there is not a process that consumes all your resources? Is that your problem occurs when you use another distribution (Live CD)? If nothing shows the tip of his nose, you have turned off all your devices, non-essential daemons, stop your GUI? (A little command line is nice ) ? The idea is to run your Linux / Unix mode "light"! Obviously you are looking for a breakdown, it must disable / modify your OS separate actions by tests to allow you to then say that you have found. And sometimes you will not find the fault in this case, relocation may be to considered.

Hi
    Yes I did a "ps-ax" but nothing suspicious. Anyway it seems to happen randomly as in many cases, the CPU is low, the RAM very very far from being saturated and empty swap. But I also noticed that using the live cd of ubuntu, there was no problem and it's a little since I installed it wrong physically. But as I said before I am asked about my GC, view by installing kde-desktop or even kde-core is even worse. I have a GeforceGo 7300, I know nothing in CG, But if people are having this same problem and have solved, I'm interested in it. One moment "X" to start over at startup (false manipulation) but the linux mode "command line" went very well. But the error messages that tells you anything. well it must mean something, right?

Hi
    But the error messages that tells you anything. well it must mean something, right?
    Error messages have a direct relationship with your storage device. I do not know why are you still on your graphics card, it does not seem that either the source of your problems.

Hello
    On the whole picture regarding the error before the highlighted line for errors on my USB I struggled to "dismantle". My scores are noted in "sdaX" and not "sdbX". there for it is really the lines with matching after having seen it appears the journal of blocking error himself.

Hello all
    I am a beginner in linux ubuntu 8.04. My computer hangs when I run homeplayer and I wanted to install xmbc which is impossible to operate. More is it possible to go back like with the windows system restore, if so, how can it be done?. Thank you in advance.