Thread: 3G USB installation under mandriva

3G USB installation under mandriva

Hello
    I am new to linux and I have just started using mandriva spring linux operatingy system. Is the USB 3G compatible with SFR in Mandriva One 2007 Spring, if yes can you give me an explanation for the installation? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Xmen; 21-12-2009 at 10:52 AM.

Re: 3G USB installation under mandriva

Hello,
    Is the USB 3G compatible with SFR in Mandriva One 2007 Spring, if yes can you give me an explanation for the installation?
    I have a 3G PC Card in orange and unfortunately it is not compatible with linux, that's why I'm stuck on windows XP. Apparently I use a USB key. Could you tell me if there is an interesting package in SFR with this kind of card? Currently I have an unlimited data plan in time. Thank in advance.

Hi everyone
    I have a 3G PC Card in orange and unfortunately it is not compatible with linux, that's why I'm stuck on windows XP.
    I think apparently the only two systems are Windows (XP, Vista) and Mac OS X which can run USB 3G compatible with SFR. There may be a tip or a driver, which may be not official, but I found nothing (I have not tried a lot). If you guys come to know about this then please do post back.

Hi
    I think apparently the only two systems are Windows (XP, Vista) and Mac OS X which can run USB 3G compatible with SFR.
    Thank you for that clarification. I think that my board supports also Windows Vista. I also managed to use Windows to configure the connection, instead of the software provided by Orange. In fact, this amounts to create a connection "Remote Access" simple with just for phone number, which is the phone number of the modem card. Do you think it would be possible to do the same thing if I install Linux on my machine? Thank you

Dr. V Guest

Hi
    Do you think it would be possible to do the same thing if I install Linux on my machine?
    You'll need qd meme that Linux is able to discuss with your "modem" then you'll need a driver. Unless a generic do the trick, I do not know if there is a standard way for USM modems. I have searched a lot on internet but still can not find any thing regarding the same. You guys continue your search. Best of luck.

Hello
    Officially, the card 3G + SFR (USB) is not covered by SFR on Linux in general. Several searches on Google and I found (sfr 3g ubuntu). I'm trying to still run under UBUNTU software offered by VODAFONE (subsidiary of SFR?). But unfortunately this does not work yet.