Thread: Hide Folders XP not working in Windows 7

Hide Folders XP not working in Windows 7

I was using Hide Folders XP when I was using Windows XP operating system to encrypt the data that was personal to me. In this way, I was able to keep my information to myself from the other users using my machine. Now, I have installed Windows 7 operating system in my machine. But, Hide Folders XP is not working in Windows 7. It has successfully installed on the system and it also takes all the files that I want to hide. But, when I press the un-hide button, all the icons go off the desktop and finally the machine hangs.

Hide Folders 2009 works on Windows 7

Hide Folders XP, as the name suggests is made with a view to work on Windows XP only. That is why Hide Folders XP may not be working in Windows 7. I suggest you to use Hide Folders 2009, which has better features than its previous version. I am using the same and Hide Folders 2009 works well on Windows 7. I can assure you this because I too have Windows 7 operating system on my machine and Hide Folders 2009 works smoothly on it.

Avoid upgrading to Windows 7

Windows 7 is an unreliable operating system and many of the programs and application do not work in Windows 7. This may be the same reason why Hide Folders XP may not be working in Windows 7.I would suggest everyone to avoid upgrading to Windows 7 because of the reasons given below:
    1. Windows 7 is almost the same as Windows Vista, so why not switch to Windows Vista rather than Windows 7.
    2. Windows 7 is too expensive.
    3. This no problem with Windows XP, so why switch to Windows 7.
    4. The same old infrastructure is used to build Windows 7 too.
    5. Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7 requires a clean install.
    6. There are many incompatible programs in Windows 7.
    7. All the operating systems of Microsoft behave as a closed system.

Use Folder Lock for encryption on Windows 7

The problem that Hide Folders XP is not working in Windows 7 may be a compatibility issue. Hide Folders XP is a very unreliable application that is for hiding the data on any operating system. I recommend you to use Folder Lock for encryption on Windows 7 because it is a very reliable application and I use the same in my system with Windows 7 on it, which works with "no problem". It does not even have a compatibility issue and it works fine on all the operating systems available in the market.

Dr. V Guest

Many programs are not compatible in Windows 7

If Hide Folders XP is not working in Windows 7 operating system, then there is no problem with the application. The real problem is the operating system in which you have installed the application. Many programs are not compatible in Windows 7. These programs install successfully in Windows 7, but they do not run when started. Run the "hardware and software evaluation" wizard that will let you know about the programs that are not compatible with the operating system.

Use the Dual Boot technique

Many applications that do not work in Windows 7 run well in Windows Vista as well as Windows XP. So, if you are want to use Windows 7, do remove the previous operating system from the computer. Use the Dual Boot technique which gives you a menu as to which operating system you want to boot to. This is called as the DUAL BOOT menu. You can do this by installing the new operating system in another drive on your system. So, you will be able to run all the incompatible programs in one operating system in another operating system.