Thread: Vista to Windows 7

Vista to Windows 7

I just recently bought a new Notebook that came with Vista, but through the promotion, I have a Windows 7 upgrade coming in the mail. The hard drive came partitioned into 2 drives, a 149 GB and a 137 GB partition. My issue is that I'm concerned that some of my software won't work with 7 as it would with Vista, so my plan is to copy over my C drive in place of my D drive, keep Vista on that one, and upgrade my C drive with the Windows 7. Space isn't an issue since the drives internally are bare, I work out of a 500 GB external hard drive, makes gaming easier between my Notebook and my Desktop back home.I'm not sure how or if I can copy over drives like that. My goal is to be able to boot out of either drive, so my question is is there to accomplish this easily and without having to spend a bunch on a partition copier?

Dr. V Guest

Re: Vista to Windows 7

Instead of that why don't you keep the Vista in the C drive and make the fresh copy of the Windows 7 to the D drive. Or as per you space you can make dual boot in the same drive. So its your which one you have to use. Thank you

Re: Vista to Windows 7

Well I would recommend you not to install two different operating system into your machine as it will cause a bulk load application and may also lead to problems in future. Also operating system like vista and windows 7 are quite sophisticated. So it would be good if you do not use both. Either you upgrade the vista to windows 7 and check out the compatibility mode for the softwares that you need to use. You can run those softwares under safe mode using windows 7.