Thread: Windows Media Center automatically starts the inserted DVD

Windows Media Center automatically starts the inserted DVD

Hi Everyone
    I have an LG my PC with windows media center Edition as my Operating System . Whenever I insert a DVD it always get started automatically. I do not want my PC to automatically start or play the DVD What are the solutions to my problems ? please suggest some ideas to me as early as possible ?
    Last edited by Techguru01; 19-12-2009 at 09:22 PM.

Re: Windows Media Center automatically starts the inserted DVD

First of all i would like to Know what type of DVD are you inserting when it opens in the Windows Media Center. It seems more like a 'Default Programs' or some kind of AutoPlay issue when you have Windows Media Center if it is opening if it is like that. Check in AutoPlay option to see what you have set for you insert that type of DVD.

Firstly I would like to know Is there a 'Do not show this message again' or 'Remember this setting' type box to check in the message? appeared ever before . Just try to uncheck that Checkbox and this will solve your problem . So Try to do this . It will definitely work.

I was also facing a similar sort of problem but got it solved when one of my friend suggested these steps so try doing these steps and get thatproblem solved The steps are as follows

1. Go to My Computer
    2. Then right-click the drive in which you insert the DVD
    3. Click Properties, go to the Autoplay tab,
    4. Mark the circle which says "Promt me each time".

Hope The problem is solved

I was also having the problem with media center but a different one. when I try to put in a dvd. The media center just freezes whenever when the DVD is inserted.Then I try using Power DVD for playing movies. As I was searching the net for weeks and then i came acreoss your posts . I got it solved with the help of these replies.
    Thanks a lot...

This is a simple problem. I think that this error arises because your Operating System has been corrupted. Try repairing your system via the recovery CD or format the computer . Reinstall the Operating System again I hope that this will do the trick.