Thread: What is mDNSResponder.exe running in computer?

What is mDNSResponder.exe running in computer?

Hey, I have checked the process running on my computer system and i am closely examining each process and the functionality of then. During the visit if the process i found mDNSResponder.exe running on the system background. So if any one know about the same can tell me about the same so that i will know about the this more. Is it harmful for my PC. A help may be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Re: What is mDNSResponder.exe running in computer?

The process is not harmful for the system. It is just the component of the Apple which is known as the Bonjour for the software which is used in the windows. Mostly it is seen in the system which are using the iTunes. It is an apple product so the system is using the same. It is the native element of the of the Mac OS X which is associated with the MDNSNSP.DLL. Thank you

Yes it is the application of the Apple. If you uninstall the iTunes form the system or of you don't use it then also it will run in your background. Because it is not the alone application which are suing this .dll. It contain the bundle of the other software which could be the Pidgin, Skype, and Safari, and used to connect clients together on the same network. That all i know about the same so i think i have given you the information is enough to understand. Bye

Bonjour, also known as zero-configuration networking, enables automatic discovery of computers, devices, and services on IP networks. Bonjour uses industry standard IP protocols to allow devices to automatically discover each other without the need to enter IP addresses or configure DNS servers. For more Visit this

Hey, If you don't want to use itunes and want to remove the same then you can use the following to remove it form you system and it is very easy to use. Just go with the step given below. Hope you will remove it successfully.

• Click on the start
    • Open the command prompt form the run box
    • Then right click on the console to take the administrator privileged
    • After that change the directory with the \Program Files\Bonjour
    • Then type "mDNSResponder.exe /?" to check whether it is there or not
    • Now write "mDNSResponder.exe –remove" to delete it form you system.
    • If you want to disable the dll of the same then type "ren mdnsNSP.dll mdnsNSP.blah".

Thats it!!!!!!!!!!

Hey if you wish to use the iTunes in the future then you need to run this in this in the system. So if you want to reinstall the process i will help for that. Just run "mDNSResponder.exe -install" in the command prompt to install the same. And it will be again in your system to support the application of the Apple. So install it and enjoy. Thanks

Above application is very helpful to install the application once again in you system so that you can use the software of the apple to the windows but what if you have deleted the same from your system then the above given command wont work for you. For that you have to download the same again on your system. So download it and enjoy.