Thread: Control Windows XP and Vista from Linux

Control Windows XP and Vista from Linux

Hello
    I am trying to find an application that allows me to Control a remote machine that works with XP and another that works under Vista from the mine using Ubuntu 8.10. It exists or it must necessarily pass through the virtualization of Windows on my Linux machine to take control of other Windows machines? Any idea on this. Thank you in advance!

Re: Control Windows XP and Vista from Linux

Hello
    I am trying to find an application that allows me to Control a remote machine that works with XP and another that works under Vista from the mine using Ubuntu 8.10.
    In Ubuntu, you have a Terminal Server Client, Which allows you to take control of Windows remotely via RDP. You can try out this option, this is easy and very user friendly. If I am come to know about any new software, then I will surely post back. Till then if you have any problem them feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Calvin K; 19-12-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Hi
    Code:
    In Ubuntu, you have a Terminal Server Client, Which allows you to take control of Windows remotely via RDP.
    Thank you for the info. But in the document that you have posted there is nothing compared to the configuration, and especially I do not find it necessary to document server. What should be installed / configured on the Windows machine?

Hi
    Code:
    I am trying to find an application that allows me to Control a remote machine that works with XP and another that works under Vista from the mine using Ubuntu 8.10.
    I think there is a software called VNC, it is perfect for your needs. You can take a look at it, if you like it then install it and use it. Enjoy linux.

Hi
    But in the document that you have posted there is nothing compared to the configuration, and especially I do not find it necessary to document server. What should be installed / configured on the Windows machine?
    On XP (I guess it's the same for Vista), there's nothing to install. In the properties of the workstation, Remote tab, allows remote use (second checkbox).

Dr. V Guest

Hello,
    The two main options you have been proposed: Terminal Server or VNC.
    In the first case, simply configure the client to accept connections. In the second case, install VNC on each position for which you dist to take control, then configure it. In both cases, it is necessary to install software on your machine. Other possibilities: Dameware, OpenSSH (note this does not make the same things that other proposed software) still you can try them.