Thread: Back Up your Operating System and Programs with Disk Imaging

Back Up your Operating System and Programs with Disk Imaging

Hi, is there anyone who takes regular back up of his operating system, programs, and settings? If yes then please help me to get the same. I have recently come to know that it is dangerous to unbackup your valuable data. And it is quiet really true as loosing all your family photos, movies, emails and as well as music library. But can it be possible to take the backup of all the programs and settings you have installed on the computer? If yes then can it be possible with the help of Disk Imaging? Please give me details about it.

Re: Back Up your Operating System and Programs with Disk Imaging

Hello, I don't think that it would be possible to take backup of your system as well as your all software applications. Yes, you can take backup of your all the data from the Hard Drive by the use of any backup software or with the use of Image Backup. But, I have not yet heard any kind of backup software which will take backup of your Operating System and your installed software application. So, it is not possible to take backup of your applications and windows.

I have never tried to use the Disk imaging. But, one of my friend takes regular backup with the help of it. Disk imaging takes copy of all the contents of a data storage device such as Hard Drive and then it will transfers this data to another Hard Drive to save as a backup. So, in simple terms disk imaging implies the creation of an exact duplicate of a computer's hard disk drive. So, you can make use to get your whole hard drive backup.

Hello, I am using Disk image for taking my regular backup of my hard disk drive. Basically, it takes all of the data from your hard drive and then creates the same copy to the another hard drive which includes the all you programs, setup and data which is stored in the compressed file format. It gives the user with an exact replica of a computer's systems and data which can be useful to the user in any type of circumstances such as hard disk failure or kind of Virus attack. So, I think this is the safer way to save your all backup.

Hi, I am having following list of Softwares which has the quality to take backup at different levels. So, one of them you can choose as per your requirements.
    • Acronis True Image
    • Paragon Drive Backup
    • FarStone DriveClone
    • O&O DiskImage
    • Norton Ghost
    • Paragon Exact Image
    • R-Drive Image
    • 7tools Partition Manager
    • Macrium Reflect
    • Active@ Disk Image

You can make use of different Disk Imaging Software's to take your backup of not only data but also of the Programs and Operating system. I am using the Disk Imaging Software as Symantec Ghost. It can be useful to duplicate or clone entire disks which would not matter whether your disk was half-empty or not. That means it will give you option of taking backup as per the drives. It depends on you where you want to save your backup, you can save it on the second hard drive or can be on the server which is in network. So, you can make use of it.