Thread: McAfee does work in Windows 7

McAfee does work in Windows 7

I used to keep my system safe with McAfee antivirus when I was using Windows Vista, but now I have upgraded my system to Windows 7. So, now when I installed the antivirus I found out that McAfee does work in Windows 7. Is it not compatible with Windows 7. Please suggest an antivirus that works on Windows 7 operating system. My browser is Mozilla Firefox. Please reply soon with some help as by system is currently not protected with any antivirus.

The antivirus may be of an older version

McAfee does work in Windows 7, because the antivirus may be of an older version. I am using Windows 7 along with the new version of McAfee and it is working smoothly without any problem. It is also detecting threats if infected into the system. I suggest you to download the latest version of the antivirus that is available. Hopefully, it might solve the problem.
    McAfee AntiSpyware Enterprise 8.6.0

McAfee may not be compatible with Windows 7

McAfee does work in Windows 7 because it may not be compatible with Windows 7. I use AVG with Windows 7 and it works fine. I recommend you to use it to keep your system infection-free. There may be many other applications and programs that are not compatible with Windows 7. Run the hardware evaluation tool to check for all the compatible programs with Windows 7, but there are always alternatives and complements available for the incompatible applications and programs.

Dr. V Guest

Reasons why one should not upgrade to Windows 7

McAfee does work in Windows 7, but it may be working fine in Windows Vista as well as XP. I will give you the reasons why one must not upgrade to Windows 7:
    1. There is not much difference between Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
    2. Windows 7 is too costly.
    3. There is no problem with XP and Vista, then why change to Windows 7.
    4. The same old base is used to build Windows 7 too.
    5. Upgrading from Windows XP need a clean install.
    6. There are many incompatible programs in Windows 7.
    7. Windows 7 acts as a closed system.

McAfee is not a recommended antivirus

McAfee does work in Windows 7 because it may not be compatible with the operating system. On the same hand, McAfee is not a recommended antivirus because does not contain updated definitions of all the infections. I suggest you to use AVAST antivirus as it has a very good method of removing viruses. It also has the feature of boot scan associated with it. This method allows you to remove infections when they are not active.

Infection must have taken over the antivirus.

McAfee does work in Windows 7 is not a compatibility issue because I use the same in my system along with Windows 7. I guess that the infection must have taken over the antivirus. To remove this error, uninstall the antivirus and then, reinstall it. Now, start Windows in safe mode and run a full system scan of your hard drives and flash drives. Eradicate all the infections that are detected in the scan. So, after that there must be no problem in the working of McAfee with Windows 7.

idea Re: McAfee does work in Windows 7

Mcfee sucks specially with Vista version always causes issues. I would suggest AVG Internet Security is quite good and also isnt costly go to www.avg.com.

Do a complete Antivirus Removal if you no longer wish to use it.