Thread: It is possible to restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7

It is possible to restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7

I am currently using Windows Vista Home Premium operating system in my Compaq desktop which as a Core2Duo processor with 2GB RAM. I am deciding to install the beta version of Windows 7 in my desktop. If I will like the beta version OS, then only I will install its full version. But, I wanted to know that can I restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7?

Re: It is possible to restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7

You don't need to restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7 because when you insert the DVD of Windows 7, it provides an option for directly replacing the operating system. When you select this option, the documents and the programs that you were using in the previous operating system, just remain saved in your machine and they will be available for you to use in Windows 7 that you install. So, there will be no need to take a backup of your previous operating system.

I am not sure if you could restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7 because you want to install a beta version operating system. Since it is a beta version, it may not be providing that feature of "restore from the backup of the previous OS". So, if you really want to use this facility, then I recommend you to simply install the full version of Windows 7. I assure you that you will find it better than Windows Vista.

It is indeed possible to restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7. But for this, you have to first make the image file of the your system in Nero. Then after you have installed Windows 7, you first need to install DAEMON TOOL, which is used to mount image files. Then, you simply need to mount the image that you had created in Windows Vista and then, you will be able to restore it successfully

Why do you want to restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7. I advice you to use the dual boot technique. With the help of this, you will be able to load Windows 7 as well as Vista as and when you want. It will provide you 2 options from where you can select the operating system that you want. So, the data and programs will all be there in the machine even after the installation of Windows 7. You just have to install Windows 7 into another drive to get this feature of dual boot menu on your machine.

It is possible to restore the backup of Windows Vista in Windows 7. You can do this by storing the backup in an external drive. After you have stored it, you can install Windows 7 into your system. Then, you will have to insert the external drive in which had done your backup. Then, Windows 7 will ask for the path where the backup is stored. You simple have to give the path then.