Thread: How to disable the hibernate on the Windows 7?

How to disable the hibernate on the Windows 7?

Hi there, I have an issue regarding the hibernation. I am disabling all feature of my windows 7 operating system which i am not using from the long time. I have done with the all the feature which are not necessary for the OS and occupying the space of the same but one feature about which i don't know is the hibernation. I don't know how to disable the hibernate from the windows 7. So help me with the same. Thanks in advance.

re: How to disable the hibernate on the Windows 7?

There are some step to do the same. You can use the command prompt to on or of the hibernate and use the "Powercfg" and which will stop the hibernation and then you can not access the hibernation of the system. The system will disable this feature and the the space require for the hibernation will be free. So use this command to free the space of the drives. Say thanks if you like the idea. Thank you.

Hey, To disable the hibernation you have to do the following and it will definitely disable the hibernation of you system so try the below given method and see the response. Hopefully your problem will be sorted out with this solution.
    • Click on the start
    • GO to run
    • Type cmd in the run box and the press ok
    • Command prompt will appear.
    • Type Powercfg /hibernate off
    • This will off the hibernate
    • To activate the same do the same with /hibernate on option

Thats it

Hey here is the another method to use the same. with this feature you can do the on or off the hibernate. So go with it
    • Click on the start
    • Go to the Control panel and then to the performance and Maintenance
    • Click on the power option and then to the hibernate tab
    • Hit the check box which shows the disable the hibernation
    • Click on the OK to finish it

Now you can not use the hibernate service of the Windows 7. Thank you

Hibernate saves an image of your desktop with all open files and documents, and then it powers down your computer. When you turn on power, your files and documents are open on your desktop exactly as you left them.
    • On the taskbar, tap the Start button, and then tap Control Panel.
    • Tap Performance and Maintenance, and then tap Power Options.
    • Tap the Hibernate tab, select the Enable hibernation check box, and tap Apply.
    • Tap the Alarms tab.
    • Under Critical battery alarm, select the Activate critical battery alarm when power level reaches check box and specify the power level by moving the slider.
    • Tap the Alarm Action button under the slider, and under Alarm action, select the When the alarm goes off the computer will: check box.

Hibernate saves an image of your desktop with all open files and documents, and then it powers down your computer. When you turn on power, your files and documents are open on your desktop exactly as you left them.
    • On the taskbar, tap the Start button, and then tap Control Panel.
    • Tap Performance and Maintenance, and then tap Power Options.
    • Tap the Hibernate tab, select the Enable hibernation check box, and tap Apply.
    • Tap the Alarms tab.
    • Under Critical battery alarm, select the Activate critical battery alarm when power level reaches check box and specify the power level by moving the slider.
    • Tap the Alarm Action button under the slider, and under Alarm action, select the When the alarm goes off the computer will: check box.

The power management features in Windows XP include standby and hibernate. This article covers how standby and hibernate settings can help you manage your battery power, giving you maximum mobility when you are away from your desk for an extended period of time.Let's say you are in a day-long training course. You bring your Tablet PC to take notes and check e-mail messages, but there are periods of time when you are not using your Tablet PC—for example, during certain group activities and breaks.

For more visit the Microsoft