Thread: My Imac wakes up on its own!!!

My Imac wakes up on its own!!!

I have a Mac system with Snow Leopard 10.6.1. Whenever i put my mac to sleep, it wakes up on its own. It was working all fine before i updated Java and firmware for Super drive. Cant figure out what the problem is so if anybody has a solution you are more than welcome.

Re: My Imac wakes up on its own!!!

Probably the upgradation of the software that you did must have corrupted some applications on your Imac. Scan and find if some applications which may have corrupted due to updating. Uninstall such application from your system and check if the problem continues. If the problem continues then try for a system restore.
    Last edited by Devasis; 18-12-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Processes working in background may the reason that your mac is getting out of the sleep mode. Check if there are any applications which are running in background and close them. Also reboot the system once and check if some unwanted processes are still running in background or not. If they keep on running in background then block them by using preferences.

This can be due to application which have periodic activity scheduled.There are Some applications which try to search for updates online when the computer is idle. So check if there are any processes or applications which are running in background or are scheduled for some task at that time. If there are any then scheduled task then select "Never" in the preferred time tab.

Are you in any case using application like TVSHOW? coz if you are then this could be the reason for your problem. Applications like TV show accesses internet every 30 minutes to check if the requested show is available or not. This application comes with preloaded with the operating system you are using. To disable it go to preferences and disable it.

Dr. V Guest

I think the problem is with your operating system. When you tried to update the firmware it seems to have corrupted the system files of the operating system. Restoring the operating system might solve the problem. If the problem continues after restoring the operating system then contact apple tech support for there assistance.