Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 18-12-2009

Merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7

Hello friends, I am currently using Windows Vista Home Premium operating system. Now, as Microsoft has launched its latest version of Windows, that is "Windows 7", I want to upgrade my system to Windows 7. But, many of my friends have suggested that not to switch to Windows 7 as it has some compatibility problems. So, I wanted someone who has used the system to let me know about the merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7.

Old 18-12-2009

Re: Merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7

If you want to know the merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7, then I bet you that it has more demerits as follows:
  1. Windows 7 does not have very much difference to Windows Vista.
  2. Windows 7 is expensive than the earlier versions of Windows.
  3. There is do problem with XP and Vista, then why switch to windows 7?
  4. The same old infrastructure is used to build Windows 7 also.
  5. If you are using Windows XP, then you have to remove XP completely, then only you can upgrade to Windows 7.
  6. Many of the programs that work in XP and Vista are not compatible in Windows 7.
  7. It mostly acts as a closed system.
Old 18-12-2009
Dr. V

If you look for the merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7, then you have a lot of advantages.
  • Your machine will be able to load it.
  • It is less expensive than Windows Vista.
  • You have a variety of versions in Windows 7 to choose from.
  • You should not rely on older versions, as the newly released programs may not work on them.
  • Windows 7 is faster than its previous versions.
  • It is worth installing Windows 7 in your system.
Old 18-12-2009

If you are looking for the merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7, then I suggest you that you better do not upgrade to Windows 7. This is because many of the applications and softwares that run without an error or problem are incompatible with Windows 7. So, if you are going to switch to Windows 7, you will have to search for the applications and softwares that are compatible with this operating system and this could be very irritating.
Old 18-12-2009

Dont check out the merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7, simply upgrade your operating system to Windows 7. I am telling you because I too, had the same mentality as yours a couple of weeks ago. But, now I fell good as I am proud to say that I posses Windows 7 in my system. There are many built-in features provided by the OS that you will like, especially the built-in themes. You can change the appearance of the whole system whenever you like with the help of a single click.
Old 18-12-2009

You will have to pay minimum $120 to upgrade your system to Windows 7, which is very expensive. I am saying this because Apple is selling the newer version of Macintosh for just $30. So, you can see the vast difference between the 2 business giants. So, why look for the merits and demerits in upgrading to Windows 7, I suggest you to better switch on to Macintosh, where you will get reasonable prices with qualitative products. I am using the same and happy to use it in my system.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,