Thread: Windows 7 installs very slowly.

Windows 7 installs very slowly.

I am installing a windows 7 on new hard disc. During installation it takes long time up to hours to install. It takes about 30 minutes just getting up the language screen. Is there any wrong with new samsung 500 Gigabyte hard drive. And I also checked the BIOS mode and there is samsung hard drive. I have installed windows in the ne hard drive and then I get factory CD which very slow. Can any one tell me how to solve this problem.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows 7 installs very slowly.

I think you have AHCI enabled ? I see in my computer, windows vista and windows 7 makes computer install slowly. I know this done with AHCI and 64 bit OS versions. This issue is hardly seems in personal computer with windows vista and 7 of 32 bit. So you can try to check weather your hardware is connected properly and there is no loose connection between them. Please make sure about your hardware problem, if also this problem is persist then ask me again.

If you attached a floppy drive then its ok but if you dont have floppy drive attached in your computer. This is may be a big reason for big slowdown in windows 7 seven installation. It slows the installation if you have enabled floppy drive in BIOS mode when you dont have a physical floppy drive attach in your system. So go to your BIOS mode and disable the floppy drive, I think this may will help you to increase speed of installation of windows 7.

The new windows PE (Preinstallation Environment) uses by the Win Vista and 7 for installation, instead of XP and previous version uses text based setup system. Fancy GUI and overall completeness of the system, due to this occurs a problem in loading if computer not set accurately. Installation takes time to start the installation if had enable floppy drive enable in BIOS mode. Please disable floppy drive in BIOS mode to boot up your installation speed.

This caused by incomplete in meeting requirements of hardware with windows 7. please check weather you have requirements described as below.
    >>1GHz processor 32-bit or 64-bit
    >>1GB of main memory (RAM)
    >>16GB of available disk space
    >>Support for DX9 graphics with 128MB of memory (for the Aero interface)
    >>A DVD-R/W drive