Thread: Display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7

Display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7

I have recently switched from Windows Vista to Windows 7, so I am not familiar with the features included in it. When I start some application, the display generally fades. If another window with a darker background is opened, then the darkness fades more and more. So, the ultimate problem is that the display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7. Is this some kind of new feature embedded into Windows 7.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7

This is no feature that has been installed into Windows 7. You have mentioned that the display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7. This situation may be generated due some error during the upgradation/installation of the operating system. You may find it irritating while playing games on your system. If you feel it as really irritating, then I suggest you to format your system and re-install the operating system.

If the display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7, then there has been a problem with the color management of the system. It may not be an operating system issue. May be the only solution for this is to adjust the brightness and contrast settings on your monitor. Somebody else must have altered it which may have caused the problem. Try it out, hopefully your problem will be solved.
    Last edited by jesse; 17-12-2009 at 04:37 AM.

Display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7 means that there is a problem with your monitor. The issue may be with your picture tube. If you keep on using the display/monitor in such a manner, then one fine day, it will ultimately display nothing. You have to purchase a new monitor to get rid of this problem because I had the same problem with my monitor some time ago. It will cost you around $150.00 for the change.

The operating system is not responsible if the display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7. It is monitor wherein the setting has to be done. Monitors generally provide the ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT FEATURE. Enable this particular feature and the settings will be done according to the particular environment in the system. Hope that your problem will be solved by using this feature, there is no other option that to try this out.

Hello there, you need not worry if the display fades darker when dark windows are displayed in Windows 7 because it a feature that is built-in with Windows 7. Whenever you start any application the background fades and the focus comes to the application that you have currently started. The same goes on as you start more and more applications. The faded window fades darker and darker. You need to just chill and go with the change.