Thread: Dos Dual Boot Problem

Dos Dual Boot Problem

I am using a Dos based program which I am trying to run on 2 machines, the problem is the second machine will not pull down the data from the first machine so both machines will talk to one another I am using a serial cable to link both machines, I think it may be due to when I copied my Acronis Backup files to these 2 machines there was a dual boot option on the original machine that I took the copy from and what is happening is when the machines are turned on the dual boot menu says Boot to Windows XP or MS-Dos, how can I get rid of the Windows XP option as there is no Windows XP on the Hard Drives.
    I have looked in the hard drive in DOS but cannot find a file that shows the boot menu i.e. Autoexec.bat and Config.sys don't show me anything and if I run Autoxec.bat from DOS the dos based program fires up, so the Dual Boot option is i think prior to this.

Can anyone help me...Thanks
    John

Re: Dos Dual Boot Problem

Just click on the link given below this might help you to overcome the problem. Click Here

Re: Dos Dual Boot Problem

Thanks very much for reply, but the problem still persisted when I got hold of just the Dos program and installed on each machine again.

The program is a taxi dispatch program and when you set one machine to Dispatch and the second to telephone booking and when you start machines the second should pull down the data from the first machine but it doesn't so its maybe a program problem, the entered data goes to the first machine.
    Last edited by jon401; 16-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.