Thread: Not able Boot in Windows 7, Partition disappeared !?!

Not able Boot in Windows 7, Partition disappeared !?!

In my system I am having the Dual Boot config on my Hard Disk. The operating systems are Windows Vista and Windows 7. I recently installed some updates of Anti virus in Windows 7. Then later on I tries to boot in Vista to install Auto Cad software and other updates. When I restarted my PC which was defaulted to 7, pop a message saying the device is inaccessible. I can still boot into Vista, but the Windows 7 is not shown anywhere in the Explorer. When I checked the Disk Manager the partition is showed as free space. I want the Windows 7 back on my machine. Is there any solution for this problem.??
    ASUS P5VD1-X
    Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.00GHz
    Maxtor 160GB
    Corsair 1.5GB PC3200 RAM
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256mb
    Phillips DVD RW
    Magna 500W PSU
    XION II Steel Black Gaming Case

Dr. V Guest

Re: Not able Boot in Windows 7, Partition disappeared !?!

If you are using the Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, you can make a temporary Virtual Hard Disk on Windows Vista and then try booting the Windows 7 from that partition. If its not working then try to Boot using the Windows 7 Setup disk. While installing, it should find the Windows 7 partition. Once if it finds, then ask to fix the computer.

I think you might have not installed the Windows 7 properly or formatted the partition mistakenly. Try to use the System Repair tool to repair your Windows 7. You can do this by going to the System Repair which is located in the Advance Boot Option. Or you can try to repair after inserting the CD of Windows 7, from the repair option. If there are some system files of the Windows 7 are missing or corrupted the System Repair will fix it for you. So try to Repair first using the System Repair.

Try to uninstall the software that you installed recently in the Windows Vista. That software might have created this issue. So uninstalling can fix that error. Also remove any hardware that is attached recently to your system. Many times the software or hardware conflict with the existing firmwares and generates such issue. So before installing the fresh copy of the Windows 7 try to do the mentioned things.

Even your Disk Manager is showing the hard disk as free space. That means the Windows 7 has got completely formatted. Try to repair using the System Repair, if it shows the partition on which you installed the Windows 7, then you can repair it. Otherwise you will have to install the fresh copy of the Windows 7.
    Also don't forget to take the important data by booting from the Windows Vista.;