Thread: Hard drive size is not detected in windows 7

Hard drive size is not detected in windows 7

Hey, I am having the problem regarding the windows 7 which is little bit frustrating and i am not getting the solution of that. Whenever installing a fresh copy of the OS for the first time, the space of my hard disk is showing as the 580.1Gb of the total size as unused space. And my hard drive is of the 640 space. I could not found the possible because of which i am getting the same. So can any one help me regarding the same. A help may be appreciated.

Re: Hard drive size is not detected in windows 7

The size which shown in the advertise is not the actual space because operating system works on the binary math and the byte which is calculated in numberfor a lower gig. That is why the genuin is space is not same as the actual space. Because 596 is calculated in the binary math only. Other space is not calculated as the binary maths. Thanks

A small potion of the hard drive are used for the firmware as well as for the software which is chosen by the random process by the OS only. So this space can not be accessible to the user so that they can see the actual space and looking for the advertised space. This is the inbuilt process of the OS to hide this space from the user as it is used by the OS itself. Bye

Hi there, Whenever you buy this from the market it will show you the size which is advertised but the actual size is calculated on the basis of the megabytes hold by the hard drive. Gigabyte is equal to the 1024 megabyte. So if you divide the 640 gigabyte which this you will get the actual space. So that is the way OS keeps count of the hard drive space. I think this will help you to understand the concept of the space management of the hard drive. Thank you

Thanks to all, I am having the same issue regarding the hard drive management which is finally ended up here. I am looking for this issue since last one week all over but could not get any help and finally i found it here. Once again thanks to all for there better specification about the same. Bye